A “horse whisperer” is a very special trainer who communicates with horses. A “dog whisperer” is a person who understands and interprets canine communication. An “animal whisperer” talks to animals in their own language.
So what is a “Word Whisperer”?
A person who communicates and interprets with words.
Because April is National Poetry Month, I’m holding a special poetry contest – and one winner will receive a personally signed, paperback copy of the Love Notes Anthology.
1) Choose a photograph (your choice) and write a poem to communicate and interpret it in your own words.
2) Choose any instrumental piece of music and write a poem to communicate and interpret in your own words.
3) Choose any event in your life that was meaningful for you, and write a poem to communicate and interpret it in your own words.
The contest is open from Monday, April 16th to Friday April 20th.
Please post your entries in the comment section of this post. If you are using a photograph, please email me a jpg at firstname.lastname@example.org (you won’t be able to include it in your post); if you are using music, let us know what piece you are interpreting. Selena Howard — a wonderful poet and someone who can judge objectively — has graciously consented to assist in choosing the winning poem. The winner will be posted on Saturday, April 21st.
Good luck, and happy writing! ~ Julie
- Coming Up in April (juliecatherinevigna.wordpress.com)
- Celebrate National Poetry Month: Sidewalk Chalk and Poetry (lifeisanexquisitejourney.com)
- John Lundberg: A Brief Guide to National Poetry Month (huffingtonpost.com)